INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
12/16/22 - Call to artist and application begins
7/1/22 - Application closes and jury process begins
7/15/22- Notification to artists of jury results
8/1/22 - Artists deadline to complete booth purchase
10/01/22- Booth set up and day of event.
No Application Fee
$50 Booth Fee (if you apply before April 15th
$75 Standard Booth Fee
$20 Booth Rental Fee (limited availability)
Volunteers circulate during Fair hours for booth sitting / restroom breaks Complimentary coffee and snacks on artist area. Voucher for 1 food item at food truck for lunch Feel free to reach out with any needed amenities and we will do our best to accommodate.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will be awarded for best presentation. Awards to be announce at the fair. Prize amounts to be determined.
ARTWORK & REPRODUCTION POLICY
An artist's statement must be prominently displayed in the artist’s booth describing the art, its processes and intent. Artists who choose to use reproductions of original works must remember to mark each reproduction as a "reproduction." Reproductions are limited to 20% of booth space and must be kept in a browsing bin; they may not be hung in display space.
Definition of a reproduction: If an original work is copied and reproduced by digital or photographic means and printed on an offset press, Xerox copier, a serigraph press, or through a computer by means of an inkjet or laser printer, it is a reproduction.
Each piece must be clearly labeled as a reproduction.
Definition for limited edition prints: this includes all media of hand-printed editions such as: intaglio, lithography, woodcuts, linocuts, serigraphy, as well as photographs. Editions must not exceed 250 in an edition and must be marked as “limited edition prints.” Note cards, postcards, calendars, coloring books, food products, posters, t-shirts, velvet, etc. are not allowed under this policy. Ceramics made from commercial molds, commercially fabricated jewelry forms and settings, and items made from hobby store kits are also not acceptable.
1. All booth and pop up tents must be white or black. No other colors. If you have a handmade booth presentation please submit photos for approval.
2. Generators are prohibited. We can supply electrical to a few booths if needed for a non refundable fee of $50. An extension cord will be made available.
3. All work must be for sale, clearly priced and signed. All work exhibited must be of the quality, category, and body of work that were shown in the images used in the jury process.
4. ArtSoFo is not responsible for the loss, theft, damage, or defacement of any property displayed at the Fair. This includes, but is not limited to, damage resulting from the weather. Artists, therefore, are encouraged to remove everything of value from their booths Friday and Saturday evenings.
5. A $25 fee will be charged for all bank returned checks and cancellations.
7. Artists are responsible for collecting and filing Ohio sales tax.
8. Please be prepared for bad weather. The Fair goes on regardless of the weather; there is no cancellation or "rain date". Consider bringing sand or weights if the forecast calls for wind as we do not keep those on hand. We have NO control over the weather and wind - please plan accordingly.
Rent a Booth: If you need to rent a booth Art SoFo has several available for rent for $20. Email us at email@example.com to inquire about availability.
Booth Fees: Booth fee must be paid by 8/1/22 to secure your space.
Artists are responsible for any vendor license needed by city/ state.
Booth spaces: are 10x10 or 10x20 upon request. Please be sure to let us know what size space you require.
Booth assignment/ set up information: All booth assignments will be lined out in your check-in packet. Refer to map that will be provided. All display spaces are artist supplied 10'x10' single booths or 10'x20' double booths. All materials necessary for the display and safety of the artists' work are to be provided by the artist. All artwork must be set up within the booth space. No art is to be displayed outside the allotted booth space. You may hang artwork on the sides of your booth that are not adjacent to another artist's tent. Weather permitting, all booth locations should be chalked and ready for set. An email will be sent to participating artists with more specific set up times relating to your booth location. Exhibits should be set up by 10:00am on morning of the Fair. Limited volunteer help will be available starting 7am on day of event. There is no volunteer help for tear down. Set up time begins at 7am on day of event. All booth set up must be completed and vehicles moved by 10am.
Booth Sales: ArtSoFo does not take a percentage of artist profits.